Don’t forget to tell your readers how happy I am without a complete madhouse called wikipedia in my life anymore.
Because wikipedia is like a onion. Every time you peel a layer you find a new one what makes you cry and makes you feel deep, deep sad. – Graaf Statler
A few days ago Graaf tried to post a comment here as “De Kolonel”, and as usual, my Evil Twin deleted the comment.
So Graaf wrote to me and said
That is the life for me! And I am very good with cooking over a campfire.
I told Graaf to go forget Wikipedia, it is not good for anyone, and do something that makes you happy.
So Graaf told me about his business plan and gave me permission to post his emails on genderdesk blog.
Charleroi Marchienne-au-Pont and tramp tourism is absolute the future, we are already planning courses living like a tramp.
I don’t know if you sometimes follow De Kolonel his blog but he absolute stands for healthy food in our course survival as a tramp under a Belgium bridge. That sandwich was a exception and cheap.
We expect a lot of students in the near future, so our business plan is professional. Collect wood when it is dry. How to become friends with a Romanian copper thief. De Kolonel got nice fish conserves from him. How to fix a free meal with starling scream. Dit you know De Kolonel last year was enen interviewed on Belgium TV? He had told there he was the champion starling screamer of Belgium.
Not sure what that is about.
- “Central Park in New York City is where a group of Shakespeare enthusiasts released approximately 100 European starlings in the early 1890’s. All the European starlings in North America descended from those original 100 birds. Today, more than 200 million European starlings range from Alaska to Mexico.”
- Starlings are great vocal mimics: individuals can learn the calls of up to 20 different species.
- Birdist Rule #72: It’s Okay to Hate Starlings. Audubon.
Graaf also has some advice about Wikipedia.
It is wikifaust, it promise you gouden bergen, and at the end it takes you anything! Wikipedia seems innocent but it can destroy lives just like drugs and alcohol can.
“Wikifaust”, great neologism.
If you stop and think about it, there is a lot of wisdom wrapped up in that.
So maybe it’s time to take to the open road.
AFOOT and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing, 5
Strong and content, I travel the open road….
Allons! whoever you are, come travel with me! 115
Traveling with me, you find what never tires.
Instructies voor s’mores (in Dutch)
Ingrediënten: Je hebt grahamcrackers, grote marshmallows, chocoladerepen, een stok om de marshmallows te roosteren nodig, en natuurlijk een kampvuur.
1) Neem een grote grahamcracker en breek deze in twee. Hiermee maakt u de boven- en onderkant van de sandwich.
2) Pak de reep uit en leg een stuk chocolade op een van de grahamcrackers.
4) Leg de geroosterde marshmallow op de chocolade. Het chololaat smelt een beetje. Gebruik de bovenste grahamcracker om de marshmallow op het broodje te trekken. Plaats dan de tweede grahamancracker erop.
5) Eet. Neem dan wat meer “some more” s’mores.